Menu
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HDMI ---> DVI

since last night when I try to watch tv.  I power up the TiVo box its connected via HDMI but is registering itself as a DVI, I have tried it in all my HDMI connections at all the same. My XBOX One is working fine so I know it is not an issue with the cable or tv. ive reset the box, changed the display output but no avail. any advice would be much appreciated. thank you in advance

stu

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI ---> DVI

On my TV handset it has input buttons TV or AV if I select AV then I have 9 separate inputs to select from

could it be that your TV is set on the wrong input since using the Xbox?

0 Kudos
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ive opened the sources on my tv and it lists VGA, hdmi(1-3), scart, atv, dtv, component, PC(VGA). when I select HDMI the Tivo is connected too it starts up then changes to DVI 1920X768 @50hz.  I see all the menus on screen, but no channels are in preview screen and when I choose a channel it just stays blank. it been fine I had the xbox since march, it went funny when I tried to swap the HDMI cables around.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you anything else plugged in to the TV as well as the tivo, if so unplug it/them and try all the HDMI selections on the TV handset

also check Video Ouput on Tivo in the Tivo box settings to see how it is set

0 Kudos