Menu
Redstar12
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HDMI connection

have a new bush tv,unable to watch virgin as it will not work on any hdmi.

it will work on scart,but when I change to hdmi it says no signal.

have checked cable and connection as I have a PS4,that works fine on the same cable and connection!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI connection

You have to use your TV's remote to change the Source to whatever HDMI port you have it connected to.

0 Kudos
Redstar12
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have used the to remote ,to change to the hdmi source!

i have tested this source and cable with my PS4,but when I put the same cable in the TiVo box ,it says no signal

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Tivo uses High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) to talk to your TV and, if your TV does not have this protocol implemented properly and establish what is a called a handshake with the Tivo then it will not work. 

Google your TV details to check whether there is an issue with it. It may also need a firmware update. You could also post your model details on here to see if anyone else is using the same TV with their Tivo.

Of course it may be something else altogether but it is worth a check. 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Redstar12
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a bush le 58gcl b

The tv found my PS3 PS4 and a laptop

but looks like it can't play my amazon fire stick

but that was a good help thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If HDCP is not working you won't get picture or sound on the channels, but you should still be able to see the on-screen menus. If you are getting nothing at all, try changing the resolution of HDMI output (which you can do while watching through the SCART connection) & see if you then get a picture. I would also recommend trying another HDMI lead even though it may work with other equipment.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly you'll have issues to say the least. I'd never buy any electronics with reading a few reviews

http://www.trustedreviews.com/bush-le-58gcl-The LE-58GCL isn't an easy TV to recommend. The lack of any built-in support for 4K UHD streaming and, even more mind-bogglingly, the failure to deliver an HD tuner on a TV with a native 4K resolution both make the LE-58GCL look seriously out of date at any price.

The set's input lag figure is a disaster for gamers, and while there are a few signs that the LE-58GCL may have some decent picture quality hidden away, I was unable to uncover it using the extremely limited toolset provided by the TV.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/bush-le-58gcl-review#pqI5muUKIZX17aUf.99
0 Kudos