Menu
Archieborealis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HD movies on demand

Had this as standard until now. Coincidental with the 'Sky Cinema' rebranding, I no longer seem to be able to access HD movies on demand.

It's not that I never had it and still don't -- I had it and it's gone.

Can anyone clarify?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD movies on demand

Ok let me see if I can help with this.

Do you know if you are on the new TiVo software? You will be if you have Series Link + options or if when you look at the Sky Movies On Demand it is all picture based than the lists before?
If you are on the new then there is no easy way to find which films they have available in HD and those that are not.

They have vastly reduced the number of films available through On Demand since the beginning of this year.
Every film is there in SD but only films premiered in the last 30 days are there in HD. I have been told by Virgin staff on here that it is temporary but it has been like this for 6+ months now.

Through the old software you should be able to see them all as usual selecting the HD sub category.
0 Kudos
Archieborealis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

Yup -- new software. I have only noticed this apparnet 'HD non-availability' since that change. So far, none of the films I've tried on demand have been available in HD. Maybe I need to try some more. (Of course, previously, I just went directly to the HD category, and so only saw those that were available in HD...)

Cheers.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know it sounds a bit of a moan and a ball ache but I would encourage you to give them a ring and point this out or ask them about it.

I don't have the updated software yet but I have seen it so I can't complain as such yet until I get it.
Once I do I will be calling though as either they make all the HD films available so you don't need the sub category or they put that category back in.
What they have done is just made it ridiculously hard to find the HD films you want.
0 Kudos