Menu
crypticc
Superfast
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HD and 3D on demand missing or difficult to find

Hi.

Is it me or are there literally hardly any sky HD on demand any more?

It seems the new GUI is designed to make it difficult to see the HD only movies... Or is that because there's now only a handful at any one time? 

Also 3d only on Virgin movies. Plenty of HD there too and some box sets, but happened to the Good ol sky HD on demand?

Help or advice either to filter HD only appreciated.

Or, thoughts if they've removed service because of the rubbish 5 meg  bandwidth on my 200 meg service. (I know Tivo has dedicated 20 meg connection but doubting whether that is getting full bandwidth)

Thanks

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------
TiVo video output scaling-bugs

Tivo-scaling-bug

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD and 3D on demand missing or difficult to find

There are only a handful of Sky Cinema films in HD and just so they are harder to find they have removed the HD sub category so you have to look through all 1000 or so SD films to see which ones they have as HD.

Ridiculous
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello crypticc,

When you search for the Sky On Demand content there should be two copies of each program, SD and HD.

You'll be able to find Sky HD content on the TiVo® by going to - 

Home - Catch up - Channels - Sky1 - (you should see two copies of each program, unless the program is unavailable in HD)

Regarding SKY movies the platform is being updated so we have reduced the number of HD content available but this is only temporary until the upgrades have been complete. Until then I would recommend recording your favorite SKY movies to ensure you're able to watch them in HD.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How long are these upgrades going to take place, as we were advised this last January?

0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I think you've misunderstood.

We don't want to wade through the movies checking each individually. "Does it have hd? No. Next.... Does it have hd? No... Next...etc"

It used to be possibly to limit the browsing to only show HD and that functionality has been removed. The new interface is a massive backward step.

Also the pictures look great but slow the interface greatly. My 200 (actually 5 to 20 meg) service struggles, so ploughing through pages and pages of images takes literally forever.  Last couple of times I've given up and grabbed a blu ray because it's so unusable.  If I could filter the handful of hd ones, new, last chance, and by category.. like before... that would be great thanks.

Regards

Chris

Tivo-scaling-bug

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your message Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're not liking the update as much as the older one. We appreciate feedback and will continue to improve our services in the future. There isn't a way to filter the HD content as such right now but you never know in the future. 

Thank you for your time and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
crypticc
Superfast
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  Can you provide a feedback reference number or something please si that I can call back periodically to get an update on how the fix is going?

The lack of hd programming and the inability to search by hd feels like a significant crippling of the service... So it'd be good to know there's a way forward.

Thanks

Chris

Tivo-scaling-bug

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

There isn't a reference number for this but once the upgrades have completed then you will find the HD content is available to watch. I'm very sorry that you're unhappy with the lack of content at the moment but once it has been completed I hope you will be impressed with our service.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pikeinuk
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have found that there are not two copies of some programmes on Sky 1 on Catch Up but only HD copies. Not much good if you don't have Sky 1HD on your package. 

0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It would appear going by the comments on this forum by the administrators that Virgin have NO intention of fixing this problem in the future or at anytime, but just relying on customers to opt for the new box, at extra cost, which surprisingly will have no problems with lack of HD programming om demand.