Menu
Trev1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Got new TV box last night, netflix and youtube stuttering

Hey all

I switched my package this week and got a tivo as part of the deal.

Im happy with the price, and the tivo works fine for most things.

However when using youtube and netflix there is considerable stuttering, i have tried pausing to let it buffer more but it doesn't help. Its not usable really, so im back to laptop+hdmi cable again

Is this a known issue? If so does anyone have a fix? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got new TV box last night, netflix and youtube stuttering

Was the TiVO a self-install? This is always a possible risk with self-installing this piece of kit. The TiVO contains its own internet modem, which uses a different part of the frequency spectrum to the streamed TV signals on VM's cable. If these are out of tolerance, an install enginer would make the necessary adjustments. Something that customers cannot do. Call faults & they will run some tests to see whether it is your levels or some other issue.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Trev1972
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response

Yes it was a self install, as long as i know its not a widespread issue ill give them a call tonight, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trev1972,

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear YouTube and Netflix is buffering on your new TiVo® box.

I've not been able to locate your account on this occasion to run further tests. Have you been in contact with us yet? What was the outcome of the call?

Please let me know if you continue to have problems and I'll happily look in to things further for you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos