Menu
Andy08
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got a Virgin package October 2014 on 2 year contract. Can I cancel after 1 year??

Absolutely sick of boxes breaking down! 17 times in 1 day what I am watching stops all lights come on tivo box and it restarts. Never had anything like this with Sky heavy downpour lose signal until it stops, but not nearly annoying as this joke. And now V+box will not even play! Please tell me I don't  have to suffer any longer. Can't knock the broadband though so will keep that as Sky in my area is poor.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got a Virgin package October 2014 on 2 year contract. Can I cancel after 1 year??

How many times have you had engineers out then?

What have they said about your issues?

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got a Virgin package October 2014 on 2 year contract. Can I cancel after 1 year??

Hi Andy08,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having ongoing issues with the TV service, this isn't good to hear.  I'd like to help get this sorted for you.

I can see you've had an engineer today, how are things looking so far?  I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy08
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box replaced, as it was faulty, after less than 1 and a half years old!! I expect paying £100 a month my equipment lasts longer than my contract. Disappointed is an understatement. Roll on end end of contract!!

0 Kudos
Andy08
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And 2 nd box! Its clearly not a problem with the box ,since its been how long since I posted this!! Box has been perfect!! And then all of a sudden box is playing up again.resets its self daily in the middle of favourite shows on series links which end up losing 5+ minutes kind of ruins everything got to wait for repeat's now! I predict a week of this then all will be normal again for 2 months seem's to be the magic number! I am thinking the service, and the signals sent to the boxes. Checking for dodgy cards if that still exists.  

0 Kudos