Menu
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Given you can't get an additional V HD box anymore can the monthly charge be scrapped?

I never quite understood why I paid £6.50/month for a glorified aerial, but now Virgin don't even supply them with new packages, will the monthly charge be removed?  Alternatively, can I just call and get a TiVo?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Given you can't get an additional V HD box anymore can the monthly charge be scrapped?

You have always been able to get a second tivo as long as your willing to pay for it

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Given you can't get an additional V HD box anymore can the monthly charge be scrapped?

You're not paying for a glorified aerial. You're paying for the box that's connected to it, which is someone elses property.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

You're not paying for a glorified aerial. You're paying for the box that's connected to it, which is someone elses property.

If you are on M TV, it is.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

jb66 wrote:

You have always been able to get a second tivo as long as your willing to pay for it

Sure, yesterday additional Tivo was £11.50/month and is now £7.50/month.  Will V HD have a similar price cut or better still be provided free?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Nope. Existing additional box costs stay as they are.

It does mean that you can upgrade your existing additional V HD to TiVo for an extra £1 a month (plus the one off £14.99 activation fee).
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just to mention, the new VIP bundle includes one multiroom TiVO as standard now.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
Nope. Existing additional box costs stay as they are.

It does mean that you can upgrade your existing additional V HD to TiVo for an extra £1 a month (plus the one off £14.99 activation fee).

Why the one off activation fee?  I am already connected with the V HD box.   There won't be much work behind the scenes will there?  I will be doing most of the work taking the smart card out of one box and putting it in another.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Call it Postage and packing fee if it makes you feel better
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

jb66 wrote:
Call it Postage and packing fee if it makes you feel better

No.  Activation fee is a one off charge when you take the service.  Should not be for exchange of equipment.  

0 Kudos