Menu
JRogers001
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Garden dug up to install neighbours cable......i'm fuming!!!!

Hi,

I got home from work yesterday to find my neighbors have had Virgin TV and Broadband installed. No issue you may think....BUT it has been installed right through MY garden, and i do not even have Virgin installed!!! The lawn has been roughly dug up and replaced and i now have a green tube sticking out of my flower bed.....NOT happy!

Trespassing, installing services through my garden without consent etc etc. Please could someone advise of rights in this instance? And also how i take this forward with Virgin??

I look forward to your comments and replies. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Garden dug up to install neighbours cable......i'm fuming!!!!

As this is a forum for other virgin users, members of the public to give help with technical problems & as this has legal conations, it's not a suitable subject to get involved in, certainly no virgin people will reply on here. 

0 Kudos
JRogers001
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Little Mik,

Any suggestions as to where I go from here?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to find virgins official websites, you can find them via Google
spell
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM engineers (contractors?) are simply not allowed to do this and they must know it.

As you say they have trespasses and worked on your property causing damage and disruption which is outrageous - they can only do this with your explicit authority in writing - it's called 'wayleave' which you may wish to Google.

Please confirm by getting qualified advice (Citizens Advice Bureau) but my view is you can require them to remove their equipment from your property forthwith/with a reasonable period to do it and in the event of failure to do so arrange removal yourself and claim costs from VM (in the small claims court if necessary, they are unlikely to contest it. An alternative would be to charge a reasonable rental fee (which could be enforced).

They will not want to actually do anything because there's a lot of work involved in rectifying their ill advised 'short cut' and as such will delay and try to fob you off so you eventually just 'shut up and go away'.

It would be of immense help if you and your neighbour could work together on this, after all he/she is the VM customer and should be less than impressed at what has gone on and should have contact numbers.

Finally I do not agree with the above response - this is an ideal situation for a member of VM staff to become involved and assist in rectifying the situation.

Do not be robbed off and good luck with it.

spell
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Further to my previous it would be a good idea to take photos before tidying up and make sure you keep an accurate log/recordings of contact with VM.

Dependant on the exact nature of the damage the issue may qualify as a criminal matter.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dear spell, I know what I think, I may or maybe disagree with you. But because it is legal. I was trying to tell the person he was using the wrong email address
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LittleMick73 - fair enough I take your point and appreciate that forum staff cannot get deeply involved - far too many posts/issues lately and theres also the legal implications as you say. I would not expect them to be able to actually deal with the matter.

I was thinking of them possibly bringing the thread to the attention of an appropriate manager - thinking on if contractors acting on VMs behalf are behaving in the alleged manner they should want to be made aware of it (I should imagine the VM contract is one not to lose).

Apologies if I seemed to be disparaging of your post - it's not what I intended.

Best regards

0 Kudos