Menu
mello17
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated with poor service

I want to know why my bill is going up, whilst the service you provide is getting worse! You only increased my bill earlier this year and now it's going up by another £2.48 in November

About three weeks ago we lost the internet for more than a day.

Early yesterday I spent a lot of time ringing your helpdesk and waiting to get through to speak to someone to ask why my on-demand channels had suddenly gone down from more than a dozen (all the good ones Syfy, Universal, Alibi, Sky, etc.) to just four - those channels being the four least watched channels I view (BBC, ITV Channel 4 and Channel 5) 

This has happened sometime in the last five days - as I have been away from home for that time. I think it may have coincided with the package change I have noticed (apparently I now have the ‘FUN TV’ package – a little ironic)

I was told this was a 'known problem' and would be resolved by 19:00 hours yesterday, but of course today the problem still exists now.

I have resorted to e-mail as I have just put the phone down on your helpdesk line as I got fed up waiting after 13 minutes – having been told by the system that I would have to wait 3 minutes!

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated with poor service

It might be worth you checking this thread out.

As well as looking at this article.

0 Kudos
mello17
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the links

Interesting, though somewhat disturbing reading.

I have since penned a letter of complaint by slow-mail, requesting they immediately re-instate all the catch-up channels I enjoyed as part of the ‘TV L’ package. Surely they have broken part of my agreed contract with them by removing these services?

I have also asked for a month’s subscription refund as a gesture of goodwill on their part

If I do not get satisfaction, then I will cancel my account and look elsewhere, though looking at other threads on contract cancellation, it appears that action in itself will bring its own nightmares

Wish me well

0 Kudos
amikia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have one of the SD boxes the menus were re-arranged; the extra channels were moved out of the 'catch up' option and are now in section 2-On Demand > 3-TV > 1-By Channel on mine, so try looking there if you haven't already tried that.

0 Kudos
mello17
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amikia

Thanks for the suggestion. You are right, they have moved most of the other catch-up channels to the TV bit

What really annoys me is that I got through to their Helpdesk? on Sep 1st and told them the problem, but the call handler obviously had no clue as to what might have gone wrong, or how to help me. She said there was a 'known fault' ? and the problem would be resolved by 7 o'clock that evening.

Also, are there no Moderators, employed by Virgin, who monitor this forum? Could they not have twigged what the problem was and given me assistance?

Well, I will just wait and see how they respond to my letter of complaint. - Meanwhile thanks again - now I've got some serious 'catching up' to view

p.s. I tried to mark your post as Helpful, but the system just spat out an error code

0 Kudos