Menu
sapper844
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Freeview after cancelling tv package

Can I still receive freeview through my virgin tivo if I cancel my tv package?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freeview after cancelling tv package

Virgin is a pay TV platform. You have to keep a Landline on your account to keep using the service, & its £5 a month to keep the TiVO, unless you downgrade to a non-recording VHD box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

sapper844
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering so quick,I'm downgrading from phone,100 meg BB and XL TV,because of a change in circumstances. I can't now afford the TV package but will be keeping the rest.

0 Kudos
monte92jj
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did this at the beginning of the month and despite asking the question, I do not get ALL free to air channels eg CBS action is one .I have actually junked the TiVo and put my old You View box in its place. I do wonder sometimes if VM actually have a clue about theirr customers needs !

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CBS has a profit share agreement with Virgin, so their channels are on the higher subscription packs.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you don't have TV aerial price the cost of getting one put in that's what we did when we blew VM TV out the window.If you are happy enough to loose most of your channels that's the way to go also cuts out the need for a VM box you can pick up Freeview box for as little as £20 if your TV does not have it pre-installed
0 Kudos