Menu
Essex52
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Freeview Movie Mix channel is on Virgin Media channel 425

This is not actually a question, as I have already found the answer by doing a Google search. But as I could not find the answer in this forum, I wanted to let everyone on the Virgin TV forum know that the Freeview Movie Mix Channel 32 was on Virgin Media channel 425 see here http://www.a516digital.com/2013/05is-movie-mix-available-on-freesat-sky_1.html. And I have just downloaded the new Virgin Media Channel guide and sure enough, VM Channel 425 is indeed the Freeview Movie Mix channel!

So that's Google 1 Virgin Media Forums 0 as usual! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freeview Movie Mix channel is on Virgin Media channel 425

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/New-channels-this-week/m-p/3187690/highlight/true#M136...

Search engines are not infallible

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I see no evidence that you asked the question on the forum so why diss the forum?
0 Kudos
Essex52
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ernie, I didn't ask the question because the question had already been asked http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Will-I-be-able-to-access-the-Freeview-Movie-Mix-channe... and the answer was not there. And I could not post the answer there because the reply button did not work, perhaps because question had already been marked as solved or it has been closed.

And I think I am entitled to 'diss' the forum, after spending a good half an hour trying to find the answer on it without success!!!! 

0 Kudos
Essex52
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/New-channels-this-week/m-p/3187690/highlight/true#M136...

Search engines are not infallible

No, search engines are not infallible - especially if they are programmed by Virgin Media it seems. 

I'm sorry if I gave up trying to find the answer on this forum after 30 minutes. But I think 30 minutes is quite long enough to spend searching for an answer on here, when I got the answer in 2 seconds by performing exactly the same search on Google! Maybe the forum search facility would be better if VM allowed forum members to tag their posts.....Just a thought. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I found my old post by using the Forum search. It took about 30 seconds. The search finds headers first, then content.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Essex52
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

I found my old post by using the Forum search. It took about 30 seconds. The search finds headers first, then content.

By going to all the trouble of telling me that you found it in 2 seconds when I said I couldn't find it at all on here, you are clearly implying that I must be stupid! Well, I most certainly am NOT stupid and I very much doubt that I am the only one who ever has trouble finding answers on here either! Furthermore, I really do NOT appreciate other members attacking me personally for my post in which I stated that I only posted it to HELP others find the answer!

BTW I just did a search for Movie Mix on here and MY POST is displayed at number 2 position. And I believe that will help others find the answer quickly.  So would you please all leave me alone now!!!!!!!

0 Kudos