Menu
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Freesports Channel Coming Soon?

Now that bike channel has finished on virgin media TV does this mean that the new free sports channel will be taking its place later this month as this is also conveniently placed next to the premier sports channel which also run the same free sports channel
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Freesports Channel Coming Soon?

you obviously haven't read apcyberax's answer. that is the current state of play.

be aware that even on freeview there are quite a few parts of the country who are not able to get access to freesports. i've had 'discussions' with both freeview and freesports about that already, but that is another story.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

only if freesports agree and pay VM to carry the channel. VM do not decide the channels and what package they are in. that is up to the channel owners to decide.
0 Kudos
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer👍🏻
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing has been said officially, but it has been reported on another forum that Freesports are currently in negotiations for carriage on Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
TelfordTiger1
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Before 30th September I was given the chance to cancel Virgin Media as part of the price increase deal. I spoke to an operator asking whether they were going to get Freesports. I was told they were in negotiations and would get it soon maybe by the end of the month. Rang in October and asked where was Freesports? Operator ignored my question and just tried to sell me Sky Sports channels. When I asked about reverting to just internet & home phone I was told the price quoted for that service had no gone up! I feel I have been conned! l have been with Virgin for many years but they do not seem to care! They are the only provider not interested in Freesports because it is not a pay channel. They are not listening to their clients! If they don't get it soon I will have to look elsewhere

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you obviously haven't read apcyberax's answer. that is the current state of play.

be aware that even on freeview there are quite a few parts of the country who are not able to get access to freesports. i've had 'discussions' with both freeview and freesports about that already, but that is another story.
0 Kudos