Menu
Highlighted
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Freesports Channel Coming Soon?

Now that bike channel has finished on virgin media TV does this mean that the new free sports channel will be taking its place later this month as this is also conveniently placed next to the premier sports channel which also run the same free sports channel
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Freesports Channel Coming Soon?

you obviously haven't read apcyberax's answer. that is the current state of play.

be aware that even on freeview there are quite a few parts of the country who are not able to get access to freesports. i've had 'discussions' with both freeview and freesports about that already, but that is another story.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

only if freesports agree and pay VM to carry the channel. VM do not decide the channels and what package they are in. that is up to the channel owners to decide.
0 Kudos
Carlos19731
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer👍🏻
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Nothing has been said officially, but it has been reported on another forum that Freesports are currently in negotiations for carriage on Virgin.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
TelfordTiger1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Before 30th September I was given the chance to cancel Virgin Media as part of the price increase deal. I spoke to an operator asking whether they were going to get Freesports. I was told they were in negotiations and would get it soon maybe by the end of the month. Rang in October and asked where was Freesports? Operator ignored my question and just tried to sell me Sky Sports channels. When I asked about reverting to just internet & home phone I was told the price quoted for that service had no gone up! I feel I have been conned! l have been with Virgin for many years but they do not seem to care! They are the only provider not interested in Freesports because it is not a pay channel. They are not listening to their clients! If they don't get it soon I will have to look elsewhere

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you obviously haven't read apcyberax's answer. that is the current state of play.

be aware that even on freeview there are quite a few parts of the country who are not able to get access to freesports. i've had 'discussions' with both freeview and freesports about that already, but that is another story.
0 Kudos
TelfordTiger1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

"Virgin are deciding if and when to carry the channel. It would be appreciated if you would contact them via their social media platforms or by email/phone to register your interest in having access to our channel".
This is the official Freesports statement as to why Virgin aren't showing Freesports. Can someone from Virgin actually tell us whether they are interested in getting the channel or not?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

TelfordTiger1 wrote:
"Virgin are deciding if and when to carry the channel. It would be appreciated if you would contact them via their social media platforms or by email/phone to register your interest in having access to our channel".
This is the official Freesports statement as to why Virgin aren't showing Freesports. Can someone from Virgin actually tell us whether they are interested in getting the channel or not?

All you will officially get is a scripted answer saying that Virgin are always reviewing their packages, as the staff here are not party to ongoing negotiations on channel carriage deals.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Davo7
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's a joke, Virgin are always the last to do anything. If it wasn't for the decent broadband, there's no way i'd stay and things like this make me question whether i should regardless. The Rugby League World Cup is starting next week and is on this channel - when are we going to get a satisfactory response from Virgin? It was the same 4 years ago with Premier Sports......

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have never understood this obsession with getting Freeview channels such as Freesports, Talking Pictures, etc. If you want channels available on Freeview then use Freeview. 

I pay for channels that are not available on Freeview, it is a Pay TV service after all, and I object to VM paying a penny for channels that are available on Freeview. Usually these channels are budget channels and want companies like Virgin to pay for them to keep them going.

Not with my subscription charges. If they can't survive then good riddance.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!