Menu
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

FreeSports on Virgin TV

FreeSports are now asking viewers to contact Virgin to register their interest in having access to the channel...

Why is your channel not available on Virgin Media?

Virgin are deciding if and when to carry the channel. It would be appreciated if you would contact them via their social media platforms or by email/phone to register your interest in having access to our channel.

https://www.freesports.tv/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: FreeSports on Virgin TV

I'm sure that there will have been negotiations between Virgin Media and Freesports but Freesports expectation of additional advertising revenue (from Virgin Media's 4 million plus customers) is less than what Virgin Media charge for inclusion in all bundles, including Player.

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It took them a really long time but VM did eventually add Freeview/Freesat channels such as Spike, Blaze, TruTV, Movies4Men, MovieMix (now the Sony Movie Channel) and Pop.
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Come on virgin media,give us this channel.

We see constant price hikes so surely we deserve better
Robbo841
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I wish to see this channel on virgin media and there is other channels on virgin to offset the cost virgin keeps put prices up
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Robbo841 wrote:
I wish to see this channel on virgin media and there is other channels on virgin to offset the cost virgin keeps put prices up

If Freesports wants to join the Player package (which is Virgins base pack) they will have to pay the going rate to join it like all the other channels carried on the pack. Apparently they won't (or can't).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are deciding if and when to carry the channel. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

there are no 'price hikes' just the yearly increase same as bt and usually sky do.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

one increase a year is not 'keeping putting prices up'.

the thing is if freesports does come along the next price increase will probably take it into account.

freesports is a small channel operated on a shoestring. i'm guessing they only want to pay little to join virgin and virgin are rightly having none of it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VMViewer wrote:

Virgin are deciding if and when to carry the channel. 

Virgin made an offer, Freesports walked away. Thats what I'm hearing through the grapevine.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos