Menu
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Free upgrade to Tivo

As the old Samsung V+ is cutting recording short and rebooting on a regular basis, I tried to order this on the box on us upgrade site but getting "Account not recognised"  Then putting my terror to one side I dialled the dreaded 150, After pressing this and that button I have gave up, All I want is to replace the crapped out V+ with the Tivo  one with the hassle, I am now going to lay down for a while,

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free upgrade to Tivo

Your V+ is not eligible for the free TiVo upgrade as this applies only to Scientific Atlanta variants which are not MPEG4 capable.

You should report your fault and your V+ will be replaced.

0 Kudos
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ben, Thanks for the looksee, I delayed posting "just in case" and happy to say it's going along fine,

Thanks to all for the info,

Regards Brian

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your V+ is not eligible for the free TiVo upgrade as this applies only to Scientific Atlanta variants which are not MPEG4 capable.

You should report your fault and your V+ will be replaced.

0 Kudos
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Aah, Just read the small print, O well, back to 150 and all the rigmarole that go's with it, Thanks for the reply,

0 Kudos
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well I got a Tivo box, (self install), on Wed, After a bit off a do with the new HMDI lead being dodgy, got it up and running OK, The menu changing is a bit slow and reading the Help topics it seems a reboot might help,
So is a reboot the same as switching it off at the mains plug?, or better from the Help & Settings menu?
Regards
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SantaFeFan wrote:
Well I got a Tivo box, (self install), on Wed, After a bit off a do with the new HMDI lead being dodgy, got it up and running OK, The menu changing is a bit slow and reading the Help topics it seems a reboot might help,
So is a reboot the same as switching it off at the mains plug?, or better from the Help & Settings menu?
Regards

Strictly speaking you can do it either way. Doing it via the Help & Settings menu will do a "soft" reboot" which can clear up some issues. If that doesn't work then a "hard" reboot may be required and that means powering it off completely.

Another thought, although it is perfectly possible to do a self-install and I did the same as you several months back, the Tivo is far more sensitive to signal levels than the V+ and it could be that, if the problems continue, it might be worth asking a member of the Forum team to check your signal levels.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have to tidy other equipment cables up, so will do it by the "switch off" method, Thanks for the info,  Just in case, how do you get a forum member to have a look at the signal levels?

Regards

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SantaFeFan wrote:

I have to tidy other equipment cables up, so will do it by the "switch off" method, Thanks for the info,  Just in case, how do you get a forum member to have a look at the signal levels?

Regards

Just ask on this thread and wait. As this is primarily a customer forum it can take several days for someone to pick it up.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi SantaFeFan,

Thank you for coming back and posting Smiley Happy

I've been looking into the TiVo here and I can see that she's running really well with no issues to identify. 

Can you tell me if you're experiencing any more issues? 

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ben, Thanks for the looksee, I delayed posting "just in case" and happy to say it's going along fine,

Thanks to all for the info,

Regards Brian

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey SantaFeFan Smiley Happy

Welcome back and also thank you for letting myself and the board know things are looking up from here Smiley Happy

I'd like to offer additional help as it doesn't end here, if you need anything in the future please let myself or one of the team know Smiley Happy

Take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos