Menu
wifflebob
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Free sign up gift?

Hey All,

I signed up back in March 2016 on the Big Kahuna deal. At the time, the deal was advertised with a free sigin-up gift of a Pure Jongo T6X portable wireless speaker. I'd actually forgotten about it till I started looking about on the forum here where I've seen other people mentioning that they didn't receive the free gifts. I'm just wondering who I need to speak to in order to see why I didn't receive mine?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free sign up gift?

Hi Wifflebob,

Thank you for coming in and posting Smiley Happy

I would like to help and certainly if there was a gift mentioned in the deal I'd like to get this to you. i would like to ask when you recieved confirmation of the deal was there an email mentioning this?

Get back to me when you can and I'll be right with you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wifflebob
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ben, 

Thanks for getting back to me! I've trawled back through my emails from VM and can't see any confirmation of the deal... I remeber it being advertised as part of the bundle I ordered but it's not mentioned in the 'Your order summary' email I received. Perhaps I should have clicked on something to say I wanted the free gift and missed it as part of the sign up process?

Thanks for you help,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dave Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

It looks like the date that the you signed up wouldn't have been in the same sale that is was available for the speaker at the time I'm afraid. I would mention that if you are able to find the deal confirmed to you, I would be able to honour this. I can see from our records that this wasn't selected at the time and it wouldn't be possible at this time.

I hope that this has cleared up any questions you have.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wifflebob
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, Thanks for looking into this for me. I won't be able to find anything confirmed to me, as I mentioned, my order email from VM mentions nothing about it. I do remember seeing the offer for either vouchers or a speaker when I was looking at which package to go for when I signed up though... A quick online search shows that there was definitely an offer on at the time I signed up ( just making sure I'm not going mad ): https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2016/03/virgin_media_offers_100_worth_of_freebies_in_broadban...

I'll do a more thorough search for some archive Virgin Media pages which should show the offer on at the time I signed up. 

Cheers,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

We've been running lots of offers lately however looking at your account it doesn't look as though any were valid for you. 

The only way we would be able to honour an offer is if you have the email confirmation showing the gift in the Promotional offers section. If there is nothing listed here then it means you either chose a package that wasn't eligible or there was no offer on at the time you took the package. 

I understand this is frustrating however we'll not be able to go any further on this. 

Apologies again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos