Menu
Karate-ka
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Free channels?

I'm getting channels I'm not paying for.

I recently reduced the number of channels to freeview only,  as the rest weren't wanted, and I saw no point in paying for channels I never watched.

I also 'upgraded' to a TiVO box but, after only 7 days I decided it was trying to be too clever, deciding what I wanted to watch rather than me telling the machine and, various other minor niggles that together made it a pain to use.

I've re installed the old V+ Box and now find I've got all the old channels back that I thought I'd got rid of.

There are three issues here :- I don't want to pay for these channels, I don't want them for free and I don't want to be forced to use the TiVO box.

I naively assumed that VM controlled what was sent to my TV, am I wrong in my assumption? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free channels?

If you don't want TiVo then you'll need to speak to Virgin Media so that everything on your account is set up correctly for your old V+ HD box.

You can't just swap back at your end.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Karate-ka
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free channels?

Thanks for that BenMcr.

When I moved over to the TiVO it was £5.00 a month cheaper than my V+ HD box.

Would I be right in thinking that I will have to stump up an extra £5.00 a month to use an 'old' box that I like, rather than a shiny new one that I don't?

0 Kudos