Menu
Kierb
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free Sky Sports

Hey Guys,

Had an email from virgin rewards today saying I'd been selected to receive sky sports free for a 6 week period and that it had already been added to my channels. This isn't the case however, have tried restarting my box but still no joy. Anyone had this today? 

0 Kudos
xlesleyx
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Sky Sports

We had the same, Email but no Sky Sports, we fixed it by following the steps for 'missing channels' and refreshing the channel list.

Follow the steps here:  http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=174787&CURRENT...

Rebooting the box did not work for us but doing this solved it.

Kierb
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, worked a treat and now have Sky Sports for 6 weeks. 😁

0 Kudos
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Personally I thought it was a hoax, Virgin media give you something for free? Anyway turned on the box and true to their word the channels are there, just shame it's only SD not HD.
0 Kudos
HB_TiVo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Refreshing the channel list worked for me, only SD available but I can live with that for a freebie, thanks so much for the tip on how to do that.

Update - just checked this - I can now get on demand sky sports so can catch up on the NFL games that weren't broadcast on SkySptMx so am even happier.
0 Kudos