Menu
Martkirby
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free Netflix

Why are existing loyal customers, many with expensive combined packages, not getting 6 mths free Netflix? Really annoying when your promotions don't include those who have been with you for a long time and spent lots of money with you.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Netflix

It's always been the case that offers bring "new" customers (Though many simply swap between Sky and Virgin)

All the companies do it and let's say it brings in 10,000 new customers during the offer period and Virgin buy the netflix vouchers at face value that's £36 pounds per customer that's £360,000 in costs to Virgin if they extended the offer to all customers with a TV package with a Tivo and lets say that's about 3 million customers (guess) that's £108,000000 quite an expense for no perceivable gain unless they made everyone sign new 18 month contracts to get the offer

0 Kudos
Martkirby
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Dannylau but my point is where is the reward for being a loyal customer and constantly missing out on offers once tied in. Do you work for virgin?
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm completely with you and I said the same thing to them when I was giving them a call about my package in general.

I ended up having to sign up to another 12 months but they did also give me the 6 months Netflix for committing to that.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Martkirby wrote:
Thanks for that Dannylau but my point is where is the reward for being a loyal customer and constantly missing out on offers once tied in. Do you work for virgin?

There is no reward for being a loyal customer, these days it's all about new customers and churn, and no I don't work for Virgin

0 Kudos