Menu
xraymark
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Formula one package

Quick question, I want to subscribe to the sky f1 package for the year, not interested in the other sports channels at all.

Can this be done? An extra £31 per month for a bunch of other channels I don't want is very steep!

I used to have the sky HD package and got f1 along with some other useful channels so thar was fair enough... But that was when I was with sky themselves...

Anyone make a suggestion?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Formula one package

Excluding Sky Sports News which isn't a premium channel, you can only get the Sky Sports channels as a bundle. There is no option to subscribe to individual channels.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The bad news is that Sky will only package Sky Sports F1 with all its other Sky Sports channels on third party carriers. They also charge an extra supplement for HD (another £7 on top of the £30 odd for the channels themselves)

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
Excluding Sky Sports News which isn't a premium channel, you can only get the Sky Sports channels as a bundle. There is no option to subscribe to individual channels.

And also Sky Sports Mix.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oops. Forgot about that one. I'm not a sports person 😄
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
MojoUK
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do what I do, get an account with NowTV, & pay £10.99 for a Sky Sports week pass, which will cover you for the F1 weekend, x2 for races per month, ok maybe the once where there's poss 3 in a month, but the norm is 2 races per month, so that's £21.98 a month, alot cheaper than Virgin who rip you off, or Sky for that matter. I use the app thru my Xbox One, so if you dont have that, you may have to look in Argos etc. for a NowTV box, but def works out cheaper than these two rip off merchants.

0 Kudos