Menu
chatz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Feedback - Smart Card is Invalid REF 3014

Feedback to VM, it really is annoying that this error keeps happening. Wastes time for both VM and my family

!,  Why should we have to leave the box on standby overnight to update, I don't have to run my PC overnight for updates. My TV does not need to be on overnight for updates either. 

2, It also wastes power and could be a fire hazard VM. 

It' really sad that any updates can't be done when switching on?

It also locks out TV help etc.

Is this too technical for VM to address?

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feedback - Smart Card is Invalid REF 3014

Hi chatz,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.  Apologies that you are getting error ref 3014. I will certainly relay your feedback to our management.

When the TiVo® loses network connection it may not reconnect when you power the box back up. The only way to restore the service would be to have a signal forced through to the box. With the new cardless TiVo® boxes, the only way around this would be to leave the box powered on for 24 hours to restore service.

In order to resolve this and keep it from losing the network connection, we recommend that the TiVo® be left in the standby mode. If you have a smartcard in your TiVo® and prefer to switch the box off overnight, and are getting the same error when powering the box back up, you will need to call in on 150 for a new signal to be sent to the box.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
chatz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feedback - Smart Card is Invalid REF 3014

Hi Terri,

Thanks for your reply and relaying the feedback.

I also sent my concerns to Richard.

As previously stated It would make sense that the customer could update the box via the menu.

Just imagine the power usage of all VM customers who have to leave the box on overnight. Not very green !

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos