Menu
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Tivo Box

Having had an engineer recently who said my Tivo box is faulty and I need a replacement, I'm currently watching my recordings to clear them. When VM supply a replacement box is this free of all charges including delivery and installation charges?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty Tivo Box

JimboX wrote:

Having had an engineer recently who said my Tivo box is faulty and I need a replacement, I'm currently watching my recordings to clear them. When VM supply a replacement box is this free of all charges including delivery and installation charges?

yes, I just had a dead one replaced. no charge. Man in a van does it all for you, all you have to do is open the door, and optionally offer tea & biscuits.

still waiting for compensation for 5 days of no TV though.

You do lose all of your recordings, though I am told in another thread that you can copy over  your series links, recommendations .... everything except your actual recordings

0 Kudos

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

JimboX wrote:

yes, I just had a dead one replaced. no charge. Man in a van does it all for you, all you have to do is open the door, and optionally offer tea & biscuits.

still waiting for compensation for 5 days of no TV though.

You do lose all of your recordings, though I am told in another thread that you can copy over  your series links, recommendations .... everything except your actual recordings

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that cybmole. Any idea how to copy series links etc from box to box?

JimboX

0 Kudos
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Has anybody any idea how to copy series links etc. from a faulty tivo box to a replacement box?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i suspect it is done via the TV anywhere app. I had queried why my app showed both old and new tivo and a superuser suggested it was to enable copying series links etc.

so either get the app & poke around, or wait for a more informed answer

I would usually say check the help / FAQ but this is virgin we're talking about - they probably have not updated those since the V box launch Smiley Happy

0 Kudos