Menu
walkster101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Box

Hi
I had both my virgin media tv boxes replaced as they were faulty and the picture kept freezing and didn't always record.
The main box still does this sometimes.
The bedroom box now has a flashing green light on the front, the one that is normally always on. When you turn it on sometimes it says there is a fault but still works.
These boxes seem to have lots of issue, can you get then replaced please and upgrade for free to the new v6 boxes?
Please can a mod email me.
Thanks
Rob
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Box

If you have V+HD boxes then what is being installed are refurbished boxes that are several years old, & some are prone to reliability issues. If there is a flashing "Online" indicator on the bedroom box this signfies that there are signal issues preventing the box from contacting Virgin's servers. This is more likely a wiring issue than the box.

Fault replacement are always like for like. Upgrades to a V6 on an existing package will be expensive. If you go onto one of the latest bundles the newer boxes are included, & this will work out cheaper. The downside is being locked into a new 12 month contract.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Box

Hi Walkster101

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box and we're detecting some signal errors coming into your home.

As a result, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos