Menu
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fault with tivo box/service?

3/6/16 recorded something at 23.00 while out. Came home at 00.00 tivo box wouldn't turn on. Unplugged it for 10 mins and tried again no joy. Checked site for faults and we had one that would be sorted in 10mins. 30 mins later it came bk on. Went to watch what we had recorded and it had stopped 9mins into it. So the problem had started at 23.09 and was sorted at 00.30 which is not 10mins. I pay alot for all three of my services and really am not amused by the fault in services. It seems that if it isn't my Internet dropping out its the TV been messed up. How can things like this happen in this day and age? And will it keep happening? Now wondering if I should change providers. Unhappy chappy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault with tivo box/service?

Hi Madpanda and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry that the TiVo hasn't been recording as it should've been, looked like something had knocked it off at this point. I have been looking into the TiVo and found that she's' running on very good levels. The hard drive is functioning well and no issues with any network you're connected to, which is a good sign.

If I may ask, are you still still seeing anything of the sort since then?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Madpanda
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben. Thanks for the reply.
No it has not gone off again, as far as I know, but it hasn't recorded a couple of things. It has recorded things I don't even want even tho I have been in the settings and stopped it recording anything it likes. It maybe just a possessed box I don't know lol. Are they prone to be taken over by the supernatural? Lol
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madpanda, 

Thank you for your reply, I enjoyed reading it especially the supernatural. I wouldn't go as far as it being possessed but you never know Smiley Tongue 

What this looks like it may be is a suggestion that's been selected for you, the TiVo does this to record things that relate to what you've watched, have a look here Smiley Happy

Take care and all the best, hope you're enjoying this weather!

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos