Menu
makataktak
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Family member in hospital/care

My mother has recently been admitted to hospital with terminal cancer & dementia. She holds a Virgin Media Account. Due to the circumstances of her care in hospital she is no longer be able to use her services for the remainder of her time available as this will be spent outside her house care. The oncology doctors only expect someone in her condition to live for another 3-4 months at most & without power of attorney (which cannot be granted due to her mental state) we have little to no control of any of her finances or accounts. Could I please ask how to go about cancelling her account? It is a most distressing time for the family & we would appreciate a gesture like this to ease the situation over the coming months.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family member in hospital/care

Hi makataktak,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're Mother is unwell, I can understand this is a very stressful time for you and your family.  

We can certainly help you with this.  If you know the password on your Mother's account, give our team a call on 150  Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and we can arrange to cancel the account if you explain the circumstances to us.

If you don't know the account password, then the best thing to do is write in to us with details of the account and we will get in touch to sort out the account for you.

The address to write into if you need it is:

Virgin Media

P.O. Box 333,

Matrix Court,

Swansea,

SA7 9ZJ

I wish you all the best, I hope we can get this sorted swiftly for you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out