Menu
coresaint
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Extra VHD box on self install

Hi there

I have two TiVo's at present, but want a third box, however I don't need a third TiVo, just the bog standard VHD box will do.

I have a live and working cable point in the room it's going in.

So as there is no activation fee and no installation fee and I know you offer this on a quick install can I just order it and pay the extra monthly fee?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra VHD box on self install

All additional boxes have to be booked as an engineer install only, even if there are existing points. Only box exchanges or box additions to broadband only installs (BB/TV must be installed within 3 metres of eachother) can be booked as self-install.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
coresaint
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this really sucks.

the thought of paying £50 just for a guy to turn up plug a box in and then leave really gut wrenches me. I might as well throw it down the toilet. I pay enough per month as it is.

thanks anyway. So I will leave the third box alone.

mods close the thread.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its their cable system & their box, so they write the rules. At least you have some guarantee when the box is plugged in that everything will work as it should, which is what you pay for.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
CJS
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But £50 to plug it in is a rip-off. I can understand £50 to run a new cable (but not £100 when you just want a point moved!) but a box can be posted and plugged in. If it doesn't then work an engineer can be called. Surely saves everybody time and inconvenience.
0 Kudos
coresaint
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thats exactly my point.

£50 is for installation fees, such as running new cable etc. literally have the point on the wall doing sod all. I know it works because I plugged one of my TiVo's in and it booted up fine. all channels were operational.

as it stands they could have more money off me but by brute forcing £50 on my bill to have a guy plug a box and be gone in like 10-20 mins. I am not even after a third TiVo, just the bog standard VHD.

No worries.

0 Kudos