Menu
wjf152
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Extend recordings not working

I have v+ set to set and end 2 mins early and finish 2 mins late but this has not worked for some time .Keep losing starts and endings . Anyone know why ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extend recordings not working

Hi wjf152,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the padding feature isn't working for you.  I'll be happy to help figure this out with you.

Will the happen on all recordings you have this feature set for?  Or do you find it happens on certain programmes?

Let me know and I'll be happy to help further.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wjf152
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is set + 2mins in extended recordings and therefore applies to all recordings . We therefore miss starts and endings if a programme starts early or ends late . We have noticed that early starts and late ends are far more common than they used to be especially on ITV .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wjf152,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

Have you tried to increase the padding times at the beginning and end of your recordings to see if that helps?

I'm aware that there has been a long standing issue with padding on the V+ service which can cause programmes to be cut off at the start or end or both.  Things you can try to work around this is to :

*  Delete the series link and re-set it up.

*  Extend the padding times futher.

See if this helps at all.   If the above suggestions don't help, this is a V+ specific issue so it would be resolved if you were to change to the TiVo® box.  If changing over to the TiVo® service is something of interest, our team can give you all you need to know if you'd like to get in touch with us via 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  

Alternatively you can chat to our online team via Contact Us.

Increasing the padding can help but isn't a long term solution.  If you'd like to know more about TiVo® don't hesitate to get in touch Smiley Happy

I'm here to help if you need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos