Menu
kwqb
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet connection?

My tivo box is hard wire connected to virgin cable inlet but my new TV offers Apps and netflix which is via wifi with the router in another room. Would it improve connectivity to link the TV to the Tivo using the ethernet connections on each.

I presently have only three bars wifi strength and 31 Mbs speed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ethernet connection?

You can't network a Smart TV to TiVo, the Ethernet connection on TiVo is for connection back to a router only which allows you to use the remote control functions of the TV Anywhere app or Multi Room Streaming if you have another TiVo.

You'd need to wire your Smart TV back to the router in the other room using either a long Ethernet cable or using Powerline adapters to extend your wired network via your electrical wiring.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ethernet connection?

You can't network a Smart TV to TiVo, the Ethernet connection on TiVo is for connection back to a router only which allows you to use the remote control functions of the TV Anywhere app or Multi Room Streaming if you have another TiVo.

You'd need to wire your Smart TV back to the router in the other room using either a long Ethernet cable or using Powerline adapters to extend your wired network via your electrical wiring.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos