Menu
Nikki1973
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Error319 on catch-up

I'm having an issue using on demand and catch up getting error 319? This has been ongoing from as long as I can remember. I have tried turning everything off left it off an switched it back on this usually works but it no longer does, also restarting the tivo box usually works but also no longer does.
Nikki
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error319 on catch-up

Is this for all content or just specific episodes of specific programmes? Also, what area are you in?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

319 is the code for the asset is not available behind your link.
Either give it a few hours or even days at times and it may appear.
Usually HD programmes have issues and sometimes the SD version is there and works fine.

You will see loads of people reporting this since September and they are still working on getting it fixed.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There's been a problem with content at the Wolves head end for months and no sign of a resolution.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I just wish VM would brief the faults-CS people of how to deal with this error message. I've just gone through a cycle of offshore faults booking a home tech visit for Error 319 on Sky-HD-OD programs, and I'm just dumbfounded at how it's turned out.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Twice!

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In my case, I strongly suspect the tech was an apprentice or was newly-qualified. She did all the textbook things, took my coax apart checking signal levels etc - then spoke to her "guru" in the headend and passed on the advice of error-319 just being "one of those things" and there's nothing that can be done.

She was obviously trying, and I didn't have the heart to start contradicting her. I am a little cheesed off with the contradicting messages though.

Forum Team: "it's a known issue, in-hand, keep trying and programs self-resolve usually". They don't seem to.

Offshore cs: "The engineer will resolve it I'm sure". I know that's garbage as much as anyone, but it's quite funny when you're told it.

Tech: "It's one of those things, just live with it". I know it's not their problem to directly resolve, but it completely misses the point and does VM's reputation no good at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nikki1973,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community,

I can see that the community have been very helpful here so can I just confirm what wonkotsane has already asked which is whether this error code was displaying on certain programs? And if so what On Demand channel were they from?

I hope you're not still experiencing any problems but please let me know if there's anything we can help you with.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

japitts wrote:

Forum Team: "it's a known issue, in-hand, keep trying and programs self-resolve usually". They don't seem to.

They won't, it needs intervention at the headend.

japitts wrote:

Offshore cs: "The engineer will resolve it I'm sure". I know that's garbage as much as anyone, but it's quite funny when you're told it.

They can't, the problem isn't at your home.

japitts wrote:

Tech: "It's one of those things, just live with it". I know it's not their problem to directly resolve, but it completely misses the point and does VM's reputation no good at all.

It's something that happens but you don't have to live with it, you need to tell customer services which episodes of which programmes are affected so they can get it fixed. Or to preserve your sanity, post the details here so someone who has a level of competence can get it sorted rather than having to do battle with someone in a call centre who's barely mastered the use of opposable thumbs.

0 Kudos