Menu
edsmith79
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error ref 1008 when turning on box

Hi,

I've just moved into a shared house, and when you turn on the digital box in the main room, it gives a message with reference 1008.  It's sounding like something is not active or setup completely on the account.

I'm not the account holder, and the account holder lives elsewhere and is not contactable easily at the moment.

If I provided a Virgin Media support user on here with the address and the number on the smart card, would they be able to have a quick look for me and advise if anything needs to be done?

Cheers,

Ed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error ref 1008 when turning on box

A search of the Forum archive shows that this means the box has been inactive for sometime. The box and card fall off the network and need to be reactivated. Usually the account holder has to phone this in; or posts here and the Forum Team send a hit to the box to reactivate it. Best wait here and see if the Forum Team can help.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
edsmith79
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, I hope it's that straightforward.

To any Forum Team member:  About ten years ago I used to work forVirgin Media in the broadband technical support team at the Atlantic Pavilion.  Do you guys still use the ICOMS and CableMaster systems for accessing customer accounts and sending hits to devices, or have you finally updated to something more modern!  I can still remember the 'BA' code in ICOMS and F8 key in Cablemaster to get to the balancing hit screens like it was yesterday, even after a decade, sad or what! Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
edsmith79
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Come on Forum Team, you know you want to!  I can PM you the address and number on the smart card!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Edsmith79, 

I'd firstly like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing the Error 1008 when you turn on the set top box. 

I've tried to locate some account details using your forum credentials, but have not been able to do so, I've now sent you a private message asking for some further information so I can get on with some testing. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos