Menu
Dangermouse81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 6096

Every time I try and watch on demand I get Error code 6096. It rarely works for me at all. This time I was trying to watch Ash vs Evil Dead and surprise surprise, error code 6096.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 6096

Hi Dangermouse81,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your frequently experience this error when ordering On Demand content.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out various checks with the box remotely, there are a couple of things I have picked up.  Firstly, this error usually relates to high demand that occurs on the network (More common at peak times) and I have raised this to our fault teams for monitoring to help improve the situation.

Secondly, I have picked up a signal issue that maybe causing other potential symptoms.  Can you please let me know if you have any issues with your recordings or picture on recordings, live channels?

Let me know and I can help further Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dangermouse81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box refuses to connect with the anytime app.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dangermouse81,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

How are things looking today?  Are you still having problems with the error message popping up?

I'm here to help so keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dangermouse81
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That error message isn't appearing but my internet doesn't work. It goes down several times a day even though your tests say it is working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dangermouse81, 

Thank you for coming back to us on this, I can see some issues with the hard drive on the TiVo® which may cause sporadic issues, some of which you've mentioned, so ideally I'd like to get someone out to take a look at this. 

And whilst I'm no broadband expert, I did run some testing on your broadband too, and can see some issues with the power levels feeding your SuperHub. I asked one of my colleagues to check things out, and they advised me that a technician would also be needed for the broadband too. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things arranged. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dangermouse81, 

Just thought I'd pop by to see if you were able to view the private message I sent yesterday, as I've not had a reply. 

If you'd like for me to arrange a technician to call out, please let me know.

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dangermouse81
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i got the message and will reply there, thanks.
0 Kudos