Menu
A_Wilk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 2042

Hi,

Last week my V+ box lost all of it's series links and all of it's recorded programs. After a power down and reboot most things were back to normal with a couple of exceptions:

1, All the programs recorded from Channel 5 had the the channel info as "Unknown Channel" and when I tried to watch any of them I got the Error Code 2042 - this programme may have been recorded from a channel not in your package message ? 

Looks like I have lost all new episodes of "Under the Dome" unless there is a way to get them back ??

2, All the series links for programs on Ch 5 where marked as recording from "Unknown Channel" and thus would not record.

3, Deleting the series links and then resetting them appears to have worked for most programs with the exception of "Neighbours" - weekdays at 13:45 - no matter what I do the planned recordings always show as recording from "Unknown Channel" and always fails. Home & Away which precedes Neighbours is now back to recording OK.

Personally I don't care about the Aussie soaps but it keeps the wife sweet so I need it sorting out.

As a temp fix I have Neighbours recording from Ch5 +1  

I have run the automated self test from the web earlier tonight but it just said there was a problem !!

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 2042

Hi A_Wilk, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for any issues you've had with your V+ box. 

I've seen a few people reporting this issue but no actual fault has been raised for it. 

It looks as though Craig is feeding the information back to the team as there is no way to recover any lost recordings Smiley Sad

I've checked your account and can confirm there is no under laying issues we need to be concerned with so i'll follow what Craig_D has done and will feed this back. 

You should be able to set up the recordings / series links again without a problem. If you're not able to let me know.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
A_Wilk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Tried setting series link for Neighbours again tonight and although it is highlighted red as if to record - when you go into "planned recordings" it does not show up.
If you go into "planned series" it shows up but is still set to record from "unknown channel" !'
Thanks
0 Kudos
A_Wilk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Latest update.

Just checked my recorded programs again and all the ones previously marked as "channel unknown" are now back as "channel 5"

It appears that when VM says there is no way to recover the recorded programs they are not being totally honest ;-p

Will VM come clean and let us know what the problem was and what the chance is of it reoccurring sometime in the future ??

For now it looks like the problem has gone away.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi A_Wilk,

Just wanted to pop by and let you know I have responded to your other post here.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos