Menu
Mw63652
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error Ap:52

I'm house sitting for my sister who has a main box working fine but boX in bedroom has the error ap52. Can I do anything to solve as it's not my account and she is abroad.
Thanks!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error Ap:52

I would put money on the likelihood this box has been disconnected from the mains for an extended period (more than a week). VM boxes should really be left in standby 24/7 so that card/box information can be updated. Boxes that lock out at AP:52 have "dropped off" the system due to lack of updates. Give customer services a call (150 from a VM phone) or wait here for a response from the forum team, & they will force the box to update from their end.

As long as these boxes are left in standby overnight at least once a week, the issue should not occur again.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Check it's all connected correctly
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would put money on the likelihood this box has been disconnected from the mains for an extended period (more than a week). VM boxes should really be left in standby 24/7 so that card/box information can be updated. Boxes that lock out at AP:52 have "dropped off" the system due to lack of updates. Give customer services a call (150 from a VM phone) or wait here for a response from the forum team, & they will force the box to update from their end.

As long as these boxes are left in standby overnight at least once a week, the issue should not occur again.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mw63652,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear this is happening with your Virgin box.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I'll need to gain access to the account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos