Menu
Fozgin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 7401 on my screen

This box is driving me mad and when I call the number I get automated message saying there is an issue. What issue and when will it be fixed.
0 Kudos
Anj1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 7401 on my screen

Yes, I've just switched on my TV and have the very same message.  I looked at Service Status on My Account on the VM site and it just says: 

"You might find that you are having trouble using Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand and your Home menu on your TiVo® service at the moment.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.  

Fix estimate
27   May 16:00 "

I don't understand why a) the box is permanent and floating (very annoying) and why b) it tells you to call 150 to resolve the issue, when on doing so, it's not actually an option!  

I have reset my Tivo box and now, on the Menu Screen, it tells me:
"Network Availability (C133)
Some features are not available right now.  You may still be able to watch live TV channels and recordings. For more information on this, go to virginmedia.com/help/tivo."

On pressing the TV button, I'm back to the annoying purple box with "7401, Sorry, there seems to be a problem. To fix this please call us on 150 etc".  Is there any need?  If I encounter a problem, I will ring 150 anyway, or check on Service Status online........

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure
Caz247
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem today, agree is there really a need for this error code to be on the screen all the time. My husband is disabled and watching TV is his only form of entertainment. Now being spoiled by this big purple box that there seems to be no way of removing!
There needs to be a way of customers being able to hide this type of message whilst waiting for the issue to be fixed.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

From looking at reports on this & other forums, this appears to be a national issue. As the TiVO's are now cardless, & have to interact with VM's servers to permit the use of channels & recordings, this fault is basically disabling everything. All the legacy boxes that use viewing cards should still be able to access Live TV & V+ boxes access to recordings.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys. 

We're aware that some customers may be experiencing an error with On Demand and Network Availability. 

We currently have a message on the top of this page where we will provide any further updates we receive. 

TiVo® Network Availability issues.

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos