Menu
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 3202. TV ok last night now no channels at all !!

Tried Service Status nothing shown Tried online test - result inconclusive. Rebooted Checked Card Was In Checked incoming cable Can see info generated by set top box clear as crystal but no data. Rang 150 Did all the above plus swap HDMI end to end. Posting to relieve anxiety. Awaiting developments.
0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 3202. TV ok last night now no channels at all !!

Error also 3204 still no TV after 22 hours. man at call centre said would be fixed within 24 hours so crossing fingers in hope rather than expectation.

Any one know why it does this?

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error definitely 3204 must have been my frustration. rang after 24 hours but the 'technical' call centre man was useless he said the quoted time for a solution was 24  to 48 hours which is not what we were told yesterday. 

Still not working after 30 hours. 

Funny thing was I rebooted just before I phoned Virgin at mid day after 24 hours. And got BBC 1 heavily pixelated with distorted sound then about two minutes of BBC 1& 2 ITV. Ch 4 and 5 only, then the Virgin HD box spontaneously rebooted and nothing since then.

Don't suppose there is a quick fix as Mrs S wants to see Downton.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sappermajor,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error on your TV service.  I'll be happy to help get this sorted for you.

How are things looking today?  I have connected to your box remotely and all looks fine form here at the moment.

If you are still getting this error, please let me know and I 'll be happy to help further.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Collette_T wrote:

Hi Sappermajor,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error on your TV service.  I'll be happy to help get this sorted for you.

How are things looking today?  I have connected to your box remotely and all looks fine form here at the moment.

If you are still getting this error, please let me know and I 'll be happy to help further.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Sorry for delay in replying,, the notification went to SPAM

Mrs S saw Downton on my iPad as we can't Chromecast ITV Player.

Monday morning Mrs S phoned support spoke to a someone competent, who confirmed there was an area problem and that this was being investigated and would be resolved.

The support in the week is far better than the weekend overseas call centre variety. 

By the time I came home it was working.  Seems the signal strength dropped off or some such.

Thank you Virgin. But why do you employ such useless weekend staff.

0 Kudos