What can I do about code 319 in on demand other than go back to sky

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: **bleep** service

Rely on recording the programs you want to watch, rather than hoping the On Demand service is reliable.

0 Kudos
Neilhannaford
Just joined
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have been trying to but not managed to get this film yet. Luckily only on a 12 month contract so will treat this as a learning curve an go back to a reliable service with sky
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Which film is it?

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Rely on recording the programs you want to watch, rather than hoping the On Demand service is reliable.

Seems self defeating to me that, subscribing to 'on demand' when it isn't??

Either it's 'on demand' or it isn't. Either VM makes 'on demand' reliable so that it IS, or removes it from their services, surely??

False advertising....

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

Seems self defeating to me that, subscribing to 'on demand' when it isn't??

Either it's 'on demand' or it isn't. Either VM makes 'on demand' reliable so that it IS, or removes it from their services, surely??

False advertising....

Fair point, but if it clearly isn't working, why do people persist in actively avoiding recording content when they have a recording capable box.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
leemeluk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its not a case of avoiding recording, sometimes you notice something in the guide, start recording then notice you've missed an episode. This happened tonight for me when I set The Undateables to record, and I've missed the first episode. Catch up was indicated, and constant 319 errors given. This is a brand new v6.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

People use On Demand in strange and interesting ways.

I always record anything I want to watch on all your regular channels never depending on on demand.
However the rare occasions the wife and I say yes we have a spare coupe of hours in the evening lets watch a film that is when I turn to the On Demand service I pay for (Virgin say it's a freebie) and 9 times out of 10 I can't watch the film I fancy in HD either due to not being available at all or getting a 319 error.

The lack of HD has been in place for a year now and is not really acceptable and it's only the current discount I have on that cost that is stopping me from binning it completely.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

US Office Season 5 is only unavailable on demand. No option to record.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:... why do people persist in actively avoiding recording content when they have a recording capable box.

Capacity.  I record live sport, match of the day and shows like The Simpsons that are not on demand, but see no point in recording movies/tv that are on demand.  500GB is a lot, but easily gets filled with four people with different ages/interests in the house.

0 Kudos