Menu
silverinvicta
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 319

Tivo Box. This is an absolute joke! This is 2016 and in this day and age to ask customers to put up with this garbage and pay top dollar for it is verging on farcical.If the owner wants to compete with sky tv then give your customers a tv service worth the money. The menu and navigation around this Tivo box is an absolute disgrace. My initial complaint was around an error 319 (on demand failure for sky cinema New movies). They say they have an engineer fixing the problem and it should be done by Monday 10th October 2016. Well, I hope that statement is true because I was unable to speak to anyone concerning more than one problem with this box. You could spend a lifetime trying to speak to the after sales service team with Virgin. Message after message and not a human to speak to. They say in the topic (above right) TRENDING NOW, Slow Tivo. Well that is an understatement if ever I heard one. Your after sales service is less than pathetic, you give us options on virginmedia page "Contact us" what, are you kidding!! I have purchased the full package from Virgin, Tv, Broadband, and Phone. Huge mistake, I shudder to think what will happen if my broadband and phone start to mess up. 1 month since the purchase and if it is possible to get out of your contract I am heading back to Sky. Shame on you for selling the public appliances that you know are already faulty. I am still deleting pre recorded programmes that I did not record from this Tivo box when you supplied it to me. And to top it all I purchased this set up with the mind to have all the sports channels, Oh I got them on the deal ok but I forgot to mention the word (HD) for sky sports and then I was told it was not part of my package. Be very careful with this lot they are absolutely mercenary when it comes to taking your money. To finish, I am suggesting the picture quality is not as good as sky even on Standard definition.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 319

Hi silverinvicta,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch about the problems you have had since joining up with Virgin Media.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been up to the standard expected and that there has been an ongoing issue with your On Demand service.

Apologies, as well, that you were not advised about the available channels with your package. The Sky Sports HD channels are inclusive only with our VIP Bundle: Compare our Bundles, or can be added to any other bundle package for £7 a month.

Checking this, I can see that our technicians are still working on the On Demand and Catch Up search issue. There is currently an estimated fix time, but this could change due to the complexities of the fault. Please see our Service Status page for further updates on this. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi silverinvicta,

I wanted to get back to you regarding the problem you reported with getting error 319 when accessing your On Demand content. 

I'd like to take more information on this, as I can see that we have quite a few posts about this same issue on the Forum at the moment. That way I can get in touch with our faults team for an update on this.

• Is this happening on your TiVo or V+ box/HD box?
  • Can you let me know if you are getting this error on all On Demand programmes, or just one specific show?
  • On the programme(s) that you are getting the error on, was the show broadcast on live TV that same day? And if you retry to view this same programme at a later time, do you get the error again?
  • If you reboot your box, do you get the same error?
  • Has this only been affecting your On Demand content for the last 6 days?

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
silverinvicta
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Still got the same problem for on Demand. But, only on selected films and sometimes I can get them if I do not choose HD. Last night was a perfect example went to sky cinema chose a film from (newly added) and the service was "not available try again later". I have a deal on with virgin for tv,broadband, and phone, at this point my wife and I are so disillusioned with the TV service that we do not want to continue it. The box Virgin supplied me is to say the least sluggish and my wife keeps thinking she has made an error when selecting something with the hand control and twenty seconds later the selection appears and by this time you have tried another selection and everything goes haywire. It is shocking to think that Virgin are still selling this system to customers and lets face it the owner is not exactly struggling for cash. A new system is required for customers that have the tv package with you. You posted your comments last Wednesday apparently, I got the email this morning ( Monday 17th October ) saying that I had a reply. So a bit like the tv service really. I need to phone and get rid of the tv service, as there does not appear to be anything on the horizon that is going to improve it and it is obvious that your engineers have their work cut out to fix the problems. I reiterate the point that the internal functions of the box Virgin supplied me just does not come up to even a reasonable standard. Thank you for your attention.

Alistair 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for responding to my post and supplying more information about the problem you are having with your On Demand viewing via your TiVo. I'm sorry that this is still ongoing.

In light of your reports that you haven't been able to view On Demand programming

I've been testing your equipment over the last few days and I can see an issue with the box that I'd like to send an engineer out to investigate so that we can get this problem resolved for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos