Menu
pawark
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Error 3008 setting up V+ HD box

Virgin engineer setup the connections in my new home last week while I was still unpacking my stuff. At that time I tested the main room TV which worked all fine. But I couldnt test the additional V+ HD box in the other room as I didnt have the other TV unpacked. All she said was to connect up the TV when I could and it would all work fine. 

But yesterday I did connect up the TV to the additional V+ HD box and when switched on it went thru a series of updates but finally stopped with a message:

"Thanks for inserting your new SmartCard! We're just checkind your details. Now just follow the next step in the pack sent with your card... Ref 3008"

But I dont have any pack  - just the card which the engineer inserted and left. so dont know the 'next step'

Tried to call but no CSR after 15 min wait so gave up for now. Any help here would be much appreciated. 

-KP

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 3008 setting up V+ HD box

The box probably just needs another activation signal sent to it
pawark
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I expected that Smiley Sad so am now on hold for the last 4 mins...will update thread if I am successful in getting thru to someone and then if it actually solves my problem!

update: while waiting I happened to check my V +HD box and as if by magic, it had been activated! Looks like just calling VM and them running automated tests seems to get things moving on - no need to actually wait for anyone to pick up the phone. Happy days!

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The box probably just needs another activation signal sent to it
pawark
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a viable solution - do I need to call up Virgin Media to initiate that or can I do it online somehow (only asking to avoid waiting for a long time on the phone!)

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its waiting im afraid Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
pawark
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I expected that Smiley Sad so am now on hold for the last 4 mins...will update thread if I am successful in getting thru to someone and then if it actually solves my problem!

update: while waiting I happened to check my V +HD box and as if by magic, it had been activated! Looks like just calling VM and them running automated tests seems to get things moving on - no need to actually wait for anyone to pick up the phone. Happy days!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi pawark,

Thanks for posting your updates!

Glad to hear you got everything sorted out. If you get any more issues just give me a shout and I'll take a look for you.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Clairebell
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Sorry for jumping on another thread but I am having a similar issue with Error 3008. My V+ hd box was working on Saturday evening but Sunday morning I had lost almost every channel (I have a very unhappy toddler who can't watch peppa pig). I have cleaned the smart card and rebooted the set top box and still nothing, I ran a service check on the set top box and it has identified an issue but I don't know how to fix it or where to go next. Can you please help.
Many thanks
Claire (tired, stressed mummy)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Claire,

Josh_RW is away at the moment but I've seen your private message and replied to it Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos