Menu
EasterEEL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer replaced splitter disconnecting my TV and left

Virgin media engineer came out to try and fix my broadband which drops to 6-10mbps every evening in recent weeks.  Couldn't fix and told me it was likely something that needed fixing at Virgins end.

Replaced splitter and disconnected TV (which I didn't notice at the time because we were testing broadband).   Now I have no TV and Virgin Media can't send another engineer until 28th December. 

Merry Christmas Virgin Media your engineers ineptitude plumbs new depths.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer replaced splitter disconnecting my TV and left

Disconnected TV how?

It may be that you have a cable which just needs reconnecting.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
EasterEEL
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are right the TV cable is not connected.

He told me he had replaced a splitter in the outside box. But what he actually did was replace with a single connector for the broadband cable and left the TV cable which runs along the wall to a different room unconnected. I think he didn't realise I had a TiVO box. I never though to check the TV but we noticed in the evening.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, not helpful...

Not sure what I can suggest other than trying to ring back first thing in the morning and see if you can get the appointment brought forward.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
EasterEEL
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's just annoying TBH no attention to detail. You would have thought he would have checked to see if the cable was being used. Luckily we are away over Christmas and for the next few nights we are learning to talk to each other again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

EasterEEL wrote:
Luckily we are away over Christmas and for the next few nights we are learning to talk to each other again.

Let's not be too hasty! You know there's the TV Anywhere app, yes? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos