Menu
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer has been. Problem is still there

Hi

I spoke to someone last week who was very helpful I have had issues with my TV box since January. After a long process of getting a password so I could contact you - I finally got an engineer out last Saturday - this took me nearly 2 hours to arrange and I used up all my free minutes on my mobile. The engineer came as planned on Saturday - stated he couldn't find a fault and changed the card at the back of the box. It worked Saturday, Sunday and Monday but is now doing the exact same thing again.

I find this incredibly frustrating and I cant even contact you as I now have no free minutes. Plus I don't really see why I should use up my free minutes again just to try and get through to you. This problem should have already been solved. Smiley Sad

Please advise

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer has been. Problem is still there

Do you have a Virgin mobile or landline? I'm guessing not from what you've stated.
0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, I dont have either. (Mobile or landline Smiley Happy )

The problem is my TV box (Digibox????) Everytime I switch it off (Both at mains or on stand by) it pops up with a big square on the telly saying "Your smart card is not inserted properly and you won't be able to watch all the channels" I then have to pull the card out and reinsert about 5-6 times before it works again

The engineer came and stated he couldnt see anything wrong - but got the same message eventually. he then swapped the smart card with a new one and it worked for a couple of days. I turned the TV and Tvbox on when I got in from work yesterday, and the problem is back. It's actually extremely annoying and trying to get through on the faultline is near impossible

0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, obviously, it pops up with the message when I try to turn the TV and box ON not off

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried using the webchat? It's a bit hit and miss, but you can sometimes get someone. Won't cost you a bean, then.

0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Already tried that. That took ages as well, and was told I need to ring Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris2110,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're still getting this error when watching your channels.  I can see you have an engineer appointment to call back out and get this sorted which is great to see.

It would be great if you could let me know how you get on after we visit you.  I'm here to help if you need anything.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos