Menu
casenior52
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Early Termination Fees

Hi, 

I am trying to work out the early terminations fees for Virgin Media, I have only been with Virgin for four months but the service is so bad that now wish to leave and don't care how much it costs to do so. 

Am I correct in thinking that there is a cap on the maximum cancelation fee, if so does anyone know what this is?

Regards

casenior52

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early Termination Fees

Two hundred and forty quid is the cap.

If you are 100% you want to leave, explain your situation to prospective ISP's. Sometimes they  will help to buy your contract out.

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or challenge the fee altogether if the service is so bad that it constitutes Virgin failing to comply with their side of the contract - others have been able to just walk away.

Might have a battle with it though.

0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spell is correct, If Virgin mediocre have not hold up their side of the contract ( IE supplying the service you have paid for )., then THEY are in breach of contract.

Not only should you be able to leave without penalty, but you should also be able to claim back the payments you made previously for the service you didnt receive.

We ourselves are looking at moving very shortly. Virgin have mis-advertised a service they cannot provide, and false promise after false promise means we will be leaving soon also.

Sky normally have the best deals in the summer ( after the prem footy has finished ) so we will be looking then. At the moment we are paying £85 per month for 20mbs of broadband ( should be 200mbs), simple TV ( No movies or Sports ) and a phone line. i am sure we can get a top packge with Sky/BT for that money, or the same package for half the price.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi casenoir52

I appreciate you've had some great support from the community regarding the Early Disconnection Fee charges and a warm welcome to the community forums. I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us due to a poor service, and my apologies this has been your experience with us. Is this something that you'd like us to look into for you?

There is some further information you can take a look at around the breakdown of the EDF's  available on the link that may help going forwards too.

Please let us know if we can support you with whatever the current issues are and we'll do our best to help.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
casenior52
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen_A

Thanks for the message. 

Can you please advise what the process is to cancel our contract with Virgin Media, I am happy to pay the £240 termination fee. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You would simply call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and take the options that you wish to leave.

That's option 1 then 5 then 4.

0 Kudos