Menu
RobbG
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Duped into new 12 month contract

We added sky sports to our package last June for 1 month and then cancelled it. We were told that was absolutely fine, after that month we just continued paying the same rate on what we thought was our monthly rolling contract.
We tried to cancel today giving 30 days notice and have found out virgin had put us on a new 12 month contract from getting the sports for 1 month in June. We knew nothing about this, I find this very underhanded and morally wrong. If I knew by getting the sports for one month would have meant a whole new 12 month contract I wouldn’t have taken it out. As far as I’m aware I have received no correspondence off virgin confirming this. Has anyone else had similar issues, no doubt I’m probably stuck in this contract until June. I am extremely unhappy with the service I have received and feel well and truly let down.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Duped into new 12 month contract

Hi RobbG, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

Since posting I can see you've been able to speak to the teams on this and they have logged this as a complaint and also resolved this for you now. 

If you have any further issues, come back to us Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RobbG
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No Kath this has not been resolved can you explain how it has been resolved, we’ll knock a fiver off your bill isn’t resolving the issue, cancelling my contract because of being duped into a new deal that never agreed to would be solving the issue or placing me back on my monthly rolling contract would be. I have never received anything in the post neither have I ever opened an email and accepted any new terms or conditions
0 Kudos
RobbG
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also Kath since posting I have not spoken to anyone in virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RobbG, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

When checking the account, the complaint that has been raised has been closed hence me thinking this was resolved for you. 

If you are still unhappy speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to re-raise this complaint. They can investigate and check if we sent a new contract etc. 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you add a service and incur a new 12 month contract you should have received an email that your new contract has been issued and you sign same as an electronic agreement 

0 Kudos
RobbG
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Praxis
So if I didn’t get this email or open it and electronically sign it does that mean I have not agreed to the contract?
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You haven't agreed to a new contract regardless of any email you may or may not have received. You simply added Sky Sports which does not come with a new contract by default. In any case when you make changes to your package, you should always be informed if that will trigger a new contract.

I see many customers posting on here about getting letters in the post to sign contracts and post them back, emails where they have to sign the contract via Docusign etc but I personally have never had any such thing. I am told on the phone the length and terms of my contract and there is nothing more than a verbal agreement. The only email I get is the generic "you've made some changes to your package".

Here is the complaints procedure if you haven't already seen it, but to be honest it's often not followed correctly on Virgin's part. Make another complaint (say specifically "I'd like to make a formal complaint") and tell them you want it escalating to a manager if they can't cancel the contract.

Good luck.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos