Menu
CD1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Drum roll please ! Congratulations to the Bereavement Team

Just wanted to say congratulations to the Bereavement Team for their outstanding communication - not! There seems to be a distinct trend for this teams poor performance and I am just adding to it further. So here we go, rant onwards and upwards Smiley Happy it has been a year since my father-in- law and despite lots of phone calls and lots of promises to ring back my mother- in - law this team has not been in contact. Come on guys sort it out, we all understand you are mega busy. I work for a company that has 10,000 plus employees and have a fair share of negative comments.

I don't want an apology about we understand blah blah I would like someone to get in contact with me. Fuming isn't the word.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drum roll please ! Congratulations to the Bereavement Team

Hi CD1972,

I'm sorry that your mother-in-law has been waiting for a callback from our bereavement team for a year.

To close an account down you can do this in one of two ways:

• Ring Customer Relations on 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can arrange to close this for you. It would be option 4 and option 5 you need to arrange this. Their opening hours are: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm; Sat 8am-6pm
  • Alternatively you can write into our Swansea address that is available on our Contact Us site for complaints and using the same address listed, address it to Customer Retentions instead. 

If your mother-in-law wants to transfer to the account into her name, please ring in on 150 or 0345 454 1111, to speak to our Customer Care department, who will be able to connect you with our Bereavement team. I do appreciate that your mother-in-law has previously tried this, but please call again so that the teams will be able to arrange this for you. 

Please keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards.

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
CD1972
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, thank you for the suggestions, however we have rung several times to speak to customer services and the bereavement team. Your reply isn't much help I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

Hi CD1972,

I'm sorry that your mother-in-law has been waiting for a callback from our bereavement team for a year.

To close an account down you can do this in one of two ways:

• Ring Customer Relations on 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can arrange to close this for you. It would be option 4 and option 5 you need to arrange this. Their opening hours are: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm; Sat 8am-6pm
  • Alternatively you can write into our Swansea address that is available on our Contact Us site for complaints and using the same address listed, address it to Customer Retentions instead. 

If your mother-in-law wants to transfer to the account into her name, please ring in on 150 or 0345 454 1111, to speak to our Customer Care department, who will be able to connect you with our Bereavement team. I do appreciate that your mother-in-law has previously tried this, but please call again so that the teams will be able to arrange this for you. 

Please keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards.

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Maybe I am getting myself confused but every time I have seen this explanation I am puzzled.

Surely a Bereavement team should exist for one purpose, and for one purpose only? To resolve all matters related to someone who has suffered a bereavement?

But from above it would appear that they will only deal with you if another member of the family wants to continue doing business with VM. 

Should you want to terminate the account, probably the case if you are dealing with the matter for another, deceased, family member, then you just have to join everybody else who wants to cancel and deal with Retentions.

Have I got this wrong as it seems back to front?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos