Menu
MAnderson70
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading my TV package.

Currently I'm on the XL package, but am looking to downgrade to the M package following the latest £3.99 price hike. I just can't afford/justify paying £80 a month for the little TV I do watch.

If I did this, would I still be able to keep my Tivo box? Also, I have a discounted second Box. I'm guessing I'd lose the discount on that too, right?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading my TV package.

If you tell them you are thinking of leaving altogether because of the prices they might let you downgrade and retain the receivers and second receiver discount just to keep your custom.  You might need to wait a week into a 30 day notice to quit period to really get what you want though if you want to cut costs etc..

Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, MAnderson70

Have you called in to see if you are on the best deal it's a good opportunity to review your current line up and speak to virgin. There may be a package that suits you better and helps keep your costs down. To take a look at this it would be great if you could give virgin a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 1. They would be happy to help you get the best out of your services

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
MAnderson70
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dave606 wrote:

If you tell them you are thinking of leaving altogether because of the prices they might let you downgrade and retain the receivers and second receiver discount just to keep your custom.  You might need to wait a week into a 30 day notice to quit period to really get what you want though if you want to cut costs etc..

Did this today Dave, and got a great response. They have agreed to keep my existing discounts and downgraded me to the 'More TV' package. I've saved £25 a month. Great outcome, as I didn't want to lose the broadband deal. Would have saved a few pounds each month going to BT, but would have had to pay a ridiculous one off fee of £160 in activation fees...and would have gone down to 38mb connection (from 100). They have also agreed that it will start from the new billing period which starts on 8th January (I didn't actually know this before phoning) so I'm £25 in credit already.

I would urge anyone else reading this to do the same. It's much less hassle (if you don't want to keep your same TV package) than moving to BT/Sky.

@Martin D. I don't know if you know someone in retentions called Sarah, but I would like to pass on my thanks to her. She may well only have been 'doing her job', but she really was very pleasant, helpful and knowledgable. I had to phone back and obviously ended up speaking to someone else (who was equally pleasant and helpful), and never got the chance to say thank you to her properly. The staff in your Uk call centres are incredibly nice and good at their jobs! Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MAnderson70

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know you got a deal you were looking for  Smiley Happy

Thank you also,  for your feedback for Sarah, I'll make sure she get's it Smiley Happy

If there's anything else you need help with, please just let us know.

Kind regards

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos