Menu
gillhoose
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade

I want to downgrade to the cheapest package. The reason is because I was phoned by Virgin in July last year offering me a package which included sky sports and movies and it was £45 a Month. Surprise surprise but I only ever paid this amount for the first month then it went from any where between £45 and £80. I can't see anywhere online to downgrade. I'm guessing this is a virgin scam so that you have to phone them and then to try and offer you another so called deal. Not only that I've had nothing but problems with my Virgin Internet since day one. Plenty of calls and engineer visits but still rubbish connection. 50mb so not the basic. The answer from Virgin was upgrade to 152mb.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrade

Upgrades can be 'ordered' online, but downgrades you have to contact VM about via a call in or live chat in. That's how it is setup currently. If your area is affected by high utilization, upgrading the broadband speed won't help matters (not helpful advise.) It is like saying: "If your car's tires are all flat, the way to resolve that is to drive faster and the tires will magically repair their selves." Speed will only get better through segmenting etc the load.

Even if you do call in / live chat in and VM try to pitch a deal your way: you can always decline the offer and just ask them to go ahead with whatever downgrade it is you want done.*

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrade

Upgrades can be 'ordered' online, but downgrades you have to contact VM about via a call in or live chat in. That's how it is setup currently. If your area is affected by high utilization, upgrading the broadband speed won't help matters (not helpful advise.) It is like saying: "If your car's tires are all flat, the way to resolve that is to drive faster and the tires will magically repair their selves." Speed will only get better through segmenting etc the load.

Even if you do call in / live chat in and VM try to pitch a deal your way: you can always decline the offer and just ask them to go ahead with whatever downgrade it is you want done.*

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos