rb51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade package, new contract, why?

I have been with VM for 3 years now.

Current package: TV L, 100mbps BB, line rental saver

Currently paying: £31/mth + equivalent of £12/mth line saver = £43/mth

To downgrade my package I need to go into another 12-mth contract. Why?

Offered: More TV, 50mbps, line saver

To pay: £17 + equivalent of £13.70 line saver = £30.70/mth on another 12-mth contract

If I switch to BT Infinity: TV with BT Sports Pack and Entertainment, 38mbps unlimited, line saver

Pay: £35.49/mth (with line rental, have not found out about line saver discount yet). 12-mth contract

Therefore: For on £4.70 more per mth I get better TV package and virtually same BB speed.

Why VM do not offer anything competitive to existing customers?

Really frustrated as long term customer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade package, new contract, why?

is that all info from the net - if so you need to talk to retentions - they will do their best to give you a good deal to keep you - as to new contract - thats how it works - no idea why - change anything and it kicks a new contract in - only exception is free upgrades AFAIK

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
rb51
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tony,

this is what VM offered me after ringing 150....That is shocking isn't it? I think is a total disregard to a long term customer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

rb51 wrote:

Tony,

this is what VM offered me after ringing 150....That is shocking isn't it? I think is a total disregard to a long term customer.

its how it works unfortunately - but who offered it - the thinking of leaving people - if any other dept then follow to where i pointed you - even if you have spoken to them then ring back a different agent can look at it differently plus deals can come and go on a daily basis - its worked both ways in the past for me

if all else fails then give them 30 days and sit back - you may have to go elsewhere but a call back with a good deal often happens

there is no loyalty to existing customers really - start from there and you will not be disappointed  

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contracts are a retention tool to put you off moving somewhere else during the contract period. It makes commercial sense but thats about it.

Do they offer you a specially reduced price for the contract period?

No they dont.

Do they insulate you from any price increases during your contract period?

No they dont.

In short there's nothing "in it" for you, but everything for them.

And in case you were thinking, VM are not an exception. All pay platform providers do it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos