Menu
tomfer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone else think Virgin TV is unreliable and poor value for money ?

I pay over £130 pounds per month for a TV , BROADBAND AND PHONE SERVICES, from Virgin and I find it VERY POOR value for money ! The TV service is constantly crashing with various errors preventing you watching things like on demand or catch up etc , this happens on BOTH boxes I have the V6 and the orevious Tivo and has done for about as long as I have been with Virgin , it just seems to be getting worse and worse . The foreign call centre is worse than useless and despite several visits from egineers , changes of equipment etc the problems persist , virtually making the TV service unwatchable and very , very , very poor value for money ! Either they get the TV services properly sorted out and start an e-mail compkaint service insread of the offshore call centre or I am about to terminate my long held accounts !

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone else think Virgin TV is unreliable and poor value for money ?

you do not pay £130 for TV then.
0 Kudos
tomfer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your unhelpful point is ?????

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Assuming you have given Virgin Media every opportunity to resolve these issues and you still feel you are not getting value for money, the only answer can be to jump the fence and see what the other frying pans are like.

0 Kudos
tomfer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That WOULD appear to be my narrowing option , though having been with the company for many years , since in fact it was Telewest , I am loathe to leave , also having recommended MANY others in the past to join cable , should I now leave them or should I persist to try and get a resolution , which surely cannot just me that it is affecting .? I just wish they would provide a service that is actually WORTH the very high fee I am paying every month , is that too much to ask these days , that peopke actually DO their jobs in a competent manner and give value for money ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have also been a customer since the Telewest days. Can't recall any problems with the TV service. Very occasional drops in Broadband service. Most fault calls I have made have been with the telephone line. Always sorted quickly.

So on balance definitely not unreliable and price competitive providing you re negotiate contact from time to time.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you spoke to Retentions, options, 1,4, 5, if I remember correctly? Although their official title is "Thinking of leaving" they can also help in more complex issues.

To be honest, since most of the call centres abroad are pretty useless and some at home aren't much better, they are sometimes the only people worth talking to. Give it a try.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
tomfer
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Right , the consensus seems to be to contact “retentions” to have a chat with them about both problems and pricing , which IS something I have done before and really SHOULD have done again before now , so thanks for the gee up fellow users . By the sound of it , i5 would seem that I AM the only one experiencing said problems ,which really surprises me ????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tomfer,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your services.

I'd like to check this out and get it sorted for you. Can you tell me what kind of trouble you'rte currently experiencing with your TV service? 

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tomfer
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As I said above Josh , when trying to watch BOTH catch up and on demand programmes , I am all too frequently having shows interupted by the error messages that the sevices were suddenly not available along with error codes 453 or 401 and considering I wm paying A LOT for my package each month and over the year , I expect a LOT better  for my money . Also my experiences with the foreign call centres have not been good at all and if anythng they seem to be getting even worse than before ! There appears to be no reason for the interuptions and restarting boxes does not seem to help , though I do notice the recnct nstallation of a V6 box in the front room has allowed far better and quicker access to all my programmes , in fact I wonder if still having the tivo box in the back room could be a problem ? Having saud all of the foregoing , I managed to pkay two episeodes of X Company to ight fom on demand without problem , so hopefully things are starting to improve , but I will need to contact billing again to see if they can do anything on the price , I used to get loyalty alliwances for having been with the cable for so m@ny years and re ommending others to join , who did thereafter !

0 Kudos