Menu
AllenSmith
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Disabled Users Can not Use TIVO

My Uncle has virgin TV and has just about master the V Box but he has no need for TIVO and due to being partially sighted the TV Remote for TIVO is to small.

He is unable to take advantage of any of your customer loyalty discounts as they are all tied to getting a TIVO. My ask would be either come up with a new box that just has basic function and clear and simple to use remote control or develop a TIVO remote control that is much bigger and clearer to see.

I understand why you tie customer loyalty discounts to upgrades but your disabled customers are being just as loyal and should be able to take advantage of these discounts to.. indeed it may even be controversial that they are not.

Allen Smitth
If my post was helpful, please give me Kudos. If I have answered your query then please mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disabled Users Can not Use TIVO

Why dont you ask virgin for the remote designed for people with poor eyesight?

http://accessibility.virginmedia.com/our-tv-access-features.html
AllenSmith
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

While that's a useful suggestion it had two fatal flaws.. The "accessible" remote is to small and my uncle would not be able to see what's written on each one.

Problem number two is all the extra TiVo functions will just confuse him... What would be ideal is if he could keep his existing v box but still get a loyalty discount!
Allen Smitth
If my post was helpful, please give me Kudos. If I have answered your query then please mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I sympathise with your uncles plight, you can get universal remotes with large numbers that you may be able to pair with vm box, as for the v box they fazeing them out, so would be offered a tivo or a new V6. If you look on line you can see the specification of these remotes to check they will be compatible. And if it is feasible visit & set it up and help explain how to work whichever box he ends up with. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think there are 2 issues here.

1 the remote
Thats reasonably easy to get around by getting a suitable programmable remote. My wife also hates the tiny buttons on the remote so uses a separate one. There is also a remote app you can get for a phone, but then there is the complexity of actually bringing up the remote.

which brings us to the 2nd point, complexity.
My wife just wants to channel hop, all recording and stuff is left to me, so all she needs is a channel up down button and some numbers so she can set it to bbc again. Does he want to be able to record things, how does he find navigating the menus. Maybe the tivo could do with an alternative interface with fewer features or something.

0 Kudos
EightBall
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The V+ remote will operate the TiVo box just fine, if that helps at all.

There are some high contrast menu options on the TiVo box as well, but they're limited.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Pause Button doesnt work if you use a v+ remote
0 Kudos