Menu
JB2017
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delivery: replace fault Tivo box (Hard Disk clunking)

Help ... My Tivo box failed on Sunday so phoned Virgin, they did their checks along with an explanation from me  -  when restarting the box it seemed to make a loud clucking noise (possibly the disk) - They agreed to send me a replacement one, with the additional bad news that I would have lost all my recordings on my current box ... the wife and kids were not best pleased!

Tried to upgrade to a V6 box (sounds nice) but couldn't as the dept I need to talk to was closed, then found that they had me down with a 0.5 Tb when I have had a 1Tb for the last 5-6 years .... agreed to replace it with a like for like (after being passed around the depts that were not closed.

They informed me it will be here on Wed - so I've taken the day off ... Happy days!

It is now 7pm ... and you guessed it it hasn't arrived.

On phoning Virgin, a call centre operator told me it can take 5 days and it hasn't been despatched as they don't have a yoodle reference number on their screen - apparently I can use this to track it.

They couldn't explain why a colleague had committed to a Wed delivery ... he as probably optimistic...

The operator apologised and asked if she could help me with anything else ...? yes please replace my TV box when your colleagues agreed to.

So dishearten by the whole experience ... and not know what to do? I left the conversation to drift to a saddening goodbye.  

I've taken a day off and have been mislead by an operator who seemed to know what they were talking about ... 

Help ... looking for a replacement ASAP, a V6 would be heaven but a like for would suffice nicely.

JB

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delivery: replace fault Tivo box (Hard Disk clunking)

Hi JB2017,

5 days for a replacement box is very excessive, i'd certainly be on the phone to them and push through to cancellations / retention's and cancel if they don't send an engineer out with a box, maybe this will make them get their finger out!

I'd also get on at them about a free V6 box and discount on your bill if you've been a loyal customer so long.

The louder you shout, the more you get!

All Replies
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JB2017,

5 days for a replacement box is very excessive, i'd certainly be on the phone to them and push through to cancellations / retention's and cancel if they don't send an engineer out with a box, maybe this will make them get their finger out!

I'd also get on at them about a free V6 box and discount on your bill if you've been a loyal customer so long.

The louder you shout, the more you get!

JB2017
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone this morning to see if a yoddle code was attached - nope ... asked me to try again tomorrow ... they are just not interested !

will take advice from Andy J Stew and phone to cancel after work today.

JB2017
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rang today  - no yoddle record on file asked to wait and call again - asked to be upgraded or buy another box - no options, as I wasn't paying enough for my package to be considered - advised it was a shame I was in contract (been with Virgin for 5+ years) otherwise I would a stronger argument to upgrade.

The call centre operator tried to chase up my replacement box, he was having problems as the system wouldn't allow him to do it and he advised that the box hadn't been ordered to be sent as a replacement.

Disappeared from the call and came back and said an engineer had to come out with the box to install. Today is 10th Feb - the engineer is due to arrive on 1st March between 4pm-7pm.

Not a good level of service, not even near bad - it's worse.

Please help ...

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Get on to ofcom the communications regulator, that's an unacceptable time without service!

If virgins can't restore your service within a reasonable time they are legally bound to allow you out of contract.

Check their t's & c's closely.

I used to work for Ntl back in the day and if we couldn't restore service within 10 days the customer could cancel without penalty, they will not advertise this but I was one of the good guys who was on the side of the customer but I always sorted it out for the customer via MANY arguments with the engineering managers!
0 Kudos