Menu
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Crap Tivo and Wifi

Joined virgin tv in Sept from sky. Already had broadband with virgin. Since having the 2 Tivo boxes the WiFi has gone terrible in the house. Poor speeds and connection dropping. As for the tivo boxes where do I start. Both really slow. When I go to watch a recorded program it take for ever to load up. When leaving home menu or channel guide it just goes to black screen for a minute or so then the picture comes on. Just enquired about the v6 box and i will have to pay £49.99 activation. In Sept I paid over £100 in feed when i joined. So i wont be getting the v6......
Just can't wait to cancel contract at the earliest so i can go back to sky Q and sky broadband.
Customer service dont really give a damn.......
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap Tivo and Wifi

Are the speeds still fine when wired to the SuperHub directly?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not brilliant considering its supposed to be super high speed 100mb. I know I won't get the full 100mb but when u talking 30mb most of the time it's not good
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As the TiVos aren't using your broadband connection, I wonder if you have signal level issues.

It may well be worth giving them another ring. Failing that the forum team will hopefully pick this up in the next week or so.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mufc-1972

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service recently, I'd like to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box from our end but I've not been able to locate your account unfortunately.

So that I can take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I have no message in the inbox from you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mufc-1972

That's strange, sorry about that though. I've sent the message again if you can check for it.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos